Campagnolo Bora One 50 Tubular Road Disc Wheelset
The Campagnolo Bora One 50 Tubular Road Disc wheelset features exceptional aerodynamics, incredible acceleration combined with outstanding stability and handling; the Bora One 50 sits at the pinnacle of high-end cycling performance.
Improved Speed, Traction and Stability
The rim profile for the Campagnolo Bora One 50 Disc has been redesigned to have a wider overall width, moving from 20.5 to 24.2 mm. This improves the aerodynamics to the highest level and enables the effective use of wider tyres, both improvements significantly improve traction, speed, agility and rolling performance. The wider rim also provides an increase in structural strength while allowing the removal of extra material required for structural integrity in the past; the current generation of the Bora wheels are the lightest and strongest they have ever been.
Maximum Braking Performance
Campagnolo has redesigned their disc brake system for this wheelset to achieve maximum performance. The Bora One Disc is the most technologically advanced and highest performing disc brake specific road wheel on the market. It is extremely light with no compromise to stiffness, it is resistant to shock and is perfectly balanced in all riding and weather conditions; it is truly a marvel in the world of cycling technology.
- Rim Material: Carbon
- Rim Profile: 50 mm
- Rim Width: 24.2mm
- Tyre Type: Tubular
- Spoke Count: Front: 18; Rear: 21 (G3)
- Spoke Type: Bladed aerodynamic
- Spoke Material: Stainless Steel
- Nipples: Aluminium
- Hub Material: Aluminium
- Axle Width (O.L.D.): 100mm (front), 130mm (rear)
- Flange: Oversize
- Bearing System: Cup and Cone
- Wheelset Weight: 1.26Kg
- G3 Geometry: Campagnolo has developed an assembly architecture which, compared with a traditional wheel, makes it possible to improve energy transfer, reduce the stress on the spokes on the right and increase transverse rigidity. This is achieved because in G3 geometry the right-hand side of the rear wheel is fitted with twice as many spokes as the left. The results of G3 system are truly extraordinary: better transfer of the driving torque, better lateral rigidity, reduction of the stress in the rear wheel spokes. And thanks to the G3 system that compensates for the forces acting on the 2 sides of the wheel, there are no more wheel vibrations, even for heavier people.
- Dynamic Balance: The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side. For top models, this is obtained by a special operation on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint. For carbon wheels, the sections of carbon fabric are aligned in such a manner that the resulting rim is always balanced.